Destination Gran Canaria - Mogán
For tose who look for something more exclusive and genuine we recommend Puerto de Mogán. In the south-west of the island, after taking the coastal road which runs on the spectacular cliffs over the blue Atlantic we get to this quiet and wonderful enclave far away of the noisy tourist zones of the island.
This is a magic combination of a fishing village with its authentic and colourful port and a quality-focused touristic development around a lovely marina, known as La Pequeña Venecia (small Venice), with its nice construction of two- or three-floored houses all covered by colourful buganvilla flowers. In its little restaurants you will enjoy the best fresh fish dishes accompanied with Papas arrugadas with Mojo (special canarian potatoes with Mojo sauce) and with a delicious canarian wine.
The village has a little, very protected beach which is ideal for swimming and for families and beyond doubt it offers the best weather of the island (and probably of the world).
Puerto de Mogán's interesting attractions are the "Yellow Submarine" which offers for the visitor the opportunity to explore the spectacular underwater life of the region, and its colourful market on friday mornings.
Puerto de Mogán is an ideal enclave for:
- People looking to rest and relax in a picturesque location with a priviledged climate.
- The lovers of deep-sea fishing with the opportunity to capture one of the biggest marlines and tunas of the world.
- The lovers of navigation due to its marina and location, factors that make Puerto de Mogán an obligatory stop on the sailing route between Europe and the Caribbean, and
- for the divers because of the exciting immersions at its coasts, where you will find type of fish never seen,
- for those who practice golf because of its nearby location to Anfi Tauro Golf,
- for those who like hiking and mountainbike. Climbing up from Puerto de Mogán towards the middle of the island in a beautiful valley full of palm trees and subtropical fruit trees (mango, papaya and avocado) we can find the agricultural village of Mogán, where the tourist can get into the authenticity of Gran Canaria. More to the north we can find the wonderful pine-grove of the middle of the island.